Shift that Christmas turkey – Run TODAY!
1. yesterday was a whole day of eating drinking where the most exercise was moving from room to room, chair to chair and, oh yes, some weight lifting in the form of moving plates & dishes and food.
2. stimulate the metabolism and move some of that food out
3. get the blood going to those areas that have not been stimulated for at least 24 hours
4. in the UK the weather is great – no rain, a little warm and very little wind
5. enhance your serotonin level
6. allow you some thinking time out of the mêlée of Christmas presents(ce)
. prepare for more eating and drinking over the next few days
If there is not much time – don’t stress about the time – less time – work out more intensively – for example
For more experienced runners
option 1: with only 45 mins – run at low heart rate (D1) and stretch out to D3 (up to max.) for 1 minute with 5 min intervals
option 2: 1 hour – run at D2 (mid range heart rate) with sprints of 30 seconds/ between trees/ lamp posts at every 15 mins
Eben if you have just 20 mins – RUN! walk/jog/ sprint – with 3 mins walking. 5 mins jogging, 30 sec sprint.
Enjoy feeling the conversion of the “lazy” energy into useful “running” energy!